- Special Exhibition: A Railway Story in the Sky
- Tuesday December 3rd 2019 to Sunday March 22nd 2020
- Mori Arts Center Gallery & Sky Gallery (52F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower)
- 10:00 - 20:00 (Tuesdays open until 17:00)
* Last admission: 45 minutes before closing
- ORGANIZED BY
- Nippon Television Network Corporation, Mori Arts Center, NTV EVENTS Inc.
- WITH THE
- MITSUMURA PRINTING CO., LTD.
- WITH THE
- Hokkaido Railway Company, East Japan Railway Company, Central Japan Railway Company, West Japan Railway Company, Shikoku Railway Company, Kyushu Railway Company, Japan Freight Railway Company, Tokyo Metro Co., Ltd., Bureau of Transportation Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd., Keio Corporation, Keikyu Corporation, Keisei Electric Railway Co., Ltd., Sotetsu Holdings Inc., Seibu Railway Co., Ltd., Tokyu Corporation, Tobu Railway Co., Ltd., CS Nippon Corporation, J-WAVE,INC, Television KANAGAWA, Inc., KOTSU SHIMBUNSHA, JTB Publishing, Inc., Yamato GL, HOANSUPPLY CO., LTD., Tomy Company, Ltd., TOMYTEC, TAITO CORPORATION, TOKYU TECHNO SYSTEM Co., Ltd.
- Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-6150
Calling all rail buffs! The entire 52F of the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower will be transformed into a train lover’s paradise in a railway-themed event of unprecedented scale, made possible by the cooperation of all seven JR operating companies, plus Tokyo Metro, Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation and private railways. Pivotal to the exhibition will be items not usually on view even at Japanese railway museums and made available especially for the event, in displays including a recreated station and ticket gates from the state-owned JNR era; artworks and installations looking back on Japanese rail history, and a huge range of ephemera including train headboards, timetables and uniforms, all combining to trace the journey of Japanese rail in a show bookended by the Olympic years of 1964 and 2020. Located 250m in the air, as well as providing the perfect setting for “Tenku (Sky) Station,” this hands-on, immersive exhibition offering fun for all ages will feature food, travel, animation, games and technology with connections to Japan’s distinctive railway culture.
Ticket counter is on the 3rd floor of the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower. Please enter from the “Museum Cone.”